In case you didn’t know.
Notaroberto – Boldrini Studio is killing the integration with design and tech with one of their newest projects STEP. It includes using a 3D printer to make different things come to life, in this case watches. With Watch.STEP, you can wear the future on your wrist in an aesthetically pleasing fashion, which is all we could ever want. Get yours here.
As a graphic designer, the world of Pantone is somewhat of a mecca of superiority. After all, are you really a credible creative if you don’t drink coffee every morning from an Pantone mug? So when I discovered that Pantone had created shoes to pay homage to some of their most vibrant colors, I deemed it too fun not to share.
A sneak peek at the DIY pom pom earrings I plan to post a tutorial on soon.
Maybe its just because I’m living in a place that actually gets cold now, but I recently have been looking for staple winter pieces. As seen on Man Repeller, Alberta Ferretti’s winter collection puts new meaning into quirky sweaters, each colored by a day of the week. As soon as I saw them I imagined myself strutting in the snow, the perfect balance of stylish and weird, but you know, not like, too weird. Maybe I’d wear the Friday sweater on Monday as some sort of conversation starter for my solidarity for the last day of the working week. Ferretti really hit the nail on the head with the current “weird is the new cool” trend huh. Maybe other designers will give it a try so we won’t have to drop 400 dollars to hit that mysterious librarian aesthetic.
No, sadly it is not. But this time instead of feeling bad about being a thrift shopping fraud, Reformation’s promise to sustainable fashion is a reason to strut their stuff confidently. Don’t worry if anyone calls you out on your counterfeit vintage ensemble; you have guilt free clothing to throw back in their face.
Recently I’ve been learning embroidery, and finally tested it out by doing an eye design on the collar of an old button down. It made a shirt I didn’t wear anymore much more edgy and playful, and was the perfect complement to the funky, crushed velvet blazer I recently acquired during holiday sales. Look for an embroidery DIY coming soon!!!
(wearing TopShop blazer)
Athleisure has been a long standing trend, filled with marble print leggings, Lulu Lemon logos and sports bras that somehow support, and give a little extra oomf to those less endowed (aka me). While I like dressing comfy as much as the next college student, I’ve never been a huge fan of the athleisure trend. However, Tory Burch recently decided to present their own take on the trend, with the new Tory Sport. Instead of the usual print leggings and tight running jackets, Tory Sport takes their inspiration from classic 70s activewear, giving their collection an elegant, sleek look that previous athletic wear can’t compete with. With quilted gym bags, form fitting geometric sweaters, and the timeless tennis skirt, I predict that Tory Sport is the gear no fashion forward woman will want to do without. Check out Tory Sport here.
Anthropologie recently launched Albeit, their exclusive makeup line. Styled after an Art Deco vibe, the gold plated products are simple yet make a huge difference when added to your makeup arsenal. Find your favorite Albeit product here.
While the holiday gift season is coming to an end, one of my favorite parts about receiving gifts is all the new products and brands I learn about. This year I received some really useful and unique gifts from so many noteworthy brands, I just had to share.
- Albeit Contour Kit – after binging makeup tutorials, I finally jumped on the contour bandwagon. This compact (exclusive to Anthropologie) is very minimalist and super easy to use – perfect for beginners.
- D.L. & Co. Candle – gifted in a beautiful box and even more beautiful packaging, D.L. & Co.’s candles are a lovely and unique take on the practical home gift. My candle’s scent is Flower Market, with such good quality it’s scent freshens my room without having to light it.
- Lancôme Beauty Box – back at it again with the makeup! While the whole gift isn’t pictured, this Lancôme makeup set comes with all the essentials as well as products to give your look an extra kit, such as eyelash primer. Didn’t know that was a real thing? Me neither.
- Coco Mademoiselle – perhaps my favorite gift (can’t go wrong with Chanel, right ladies?) this perfume is one of those products that has such a personality. With a slightly androgynous spice that mellows into a feminine fresh scent, this perfume was born to be worn on young, strong fashionistas.
- Capture Your Style – for all of my fellow blogging enthusiasts, Capture your Style by Aimee Song is a great read on all things promotion, instagram, and iphone photography.
- Under One Sky Key Charger – The most unique gift of the season (and the cutest), This little guy satisfies my love for the puff keychain trend and solves my ailment of never having a fully charged phone.
A peek at one of my holiday dress choices: a silk red halter dress that I scored in the 8th grade. Still fits as a sophomore in college, and with a vibrant red lip, was absolutely perfect for the holiday season.
I absolutely love the influx of statement coats this winter, especially the fuzzy teddy bear coats that I’ve been seeing everywhere, in all types of styles. Being able to spice up any ensemble with soft fuzzy statement piece? I’m all for it. And while my excuse for needing coats in cold St. Louis can only go so far, I still love looking at these coats whenever I get the chance.
(Images via collage vintage, TopShop, The Fashion Medley, The Vanilla Woods, Lee Oliveira, Urban Outfitters)
Interesting right? Well, since street wear has been so popular as of late, I guess this was to be expected.
What is it? Vision Street Wear is a skating brand started by Madrid born Kilian Martin. The brand prides itself on bold colors and powerful graphics that help skateboarders stand out in competition. Forever 21 is a clothing company specializing in inexpensive trendy wear for young shoppers. The collaboration is described as “modern style influenced by skate culture”, which makes sense given the two brands.
Where can I get it? Exclusively at Forever 21, online or in stores.
How much is it? coinciding with Forever 21’s price range, the collaboration isn’t pricey, with the highest priced item being the Vision Street Wear windbreaker, being 24.90$.
Is it worth it? I mean, like I said earlier, street wear is definitely in. Personally, this collab is a little too loud for me in some respects, but it captured the bold athletic look Martin prided himself on, and accompanied with Forever 21’s affordable prices, its definitely worth checking out and experimenting with.
Check out some of the looks below: